Monday, November 14, 2011

Pasta Bake Remake

Original Recipe from Classico Sauces



Saucy Penne & Three Cheese Bake

6 oz. cooked penne                                 ½ lb. lean ground beef
26 oz. spaghetti sauce                             15 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese       ¼ c. Parmesan cheese
1 egg

  1. Preheat oven to 350. In saucepan, over medium heat, cook ground beef until browned; pour off fat. Add pasta sauce.
  2. In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 c. mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
  3. In lightly greased 2 ½ qt. baking dish, layer penne, sauce mixture, and cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Adventure Make Over:

cooked gluten free noodles of choice - I just cook a package of my favorite and use how ever much seems "right"   I recommend only cooking your noodles halfway through because they will continue to cook in the dish  
                            
½ lb. lean ground beef - I use 93% lean and usually add chopped mushrooms while it is cooking, it makes it seem beefier than it is

26 oz. spaghetti sauce - I use 1 jar Ragu Tomato & Mozzarella Sauce + 1 can tomato sauce, flavor of your choice (I use Hunt's garlic, basil & onion)                             
15 oz. ricotta cheese

8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese       

¼ c. Parmesan cheese - I usually forget this, but it does add extra flavor

1 egg - I always skip this, so if you are egg free feel free, it won't hurt your dish

Follow directions above. I usually divide into 2 smaller dishes, such as 2 9*9 or 1 9*9 & a loaf pan and freeze one for a night I don't feel like cooking. For reheating your frozen dish, just put in your cold oven and set your temp. This will help your pan heat with the oven. Bake at 350 for around an hour, covering with foil for the first half so the top doesn't burn.

Enjoy!

Leftovers - forgot to take a picture of the fresh dish!
I used DeBoles Rice Lasagna Noodles this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment