Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Benihana Style Fried Rice

I had this post completely written and when I tried to add the picture everything got deleted.... so no picture!

One of my favorite things about Benihana's is their fried rice - something that I can no longer enjoy in their establishment because it isn't gluten free. I was very excited to find what appeared to be a good copycat recipe on Pinterest, so that is what we had for dinner this past Sunday evening... and then I made it again for a couple of lunch this week!

1 Rotisserie Chicken Breast (Costco is Gluten Free)
8 ounces cooked white rice
2 scrambled eggs
1/4 large yellow onion, chopped
1/3 cup carrots, chopped
3 large mushrooms, chopped
1 teaspoon sesame seed
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons tamari
a few grinds pepper
2 cloves granulated garlic (2 tsp)
1 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ground
Salt to taste


1. Chop veggies, scramble the eggs, cook the rice, shred the chicken so everything is ready when you start. I also measured out my spices into a little dish so I could just throw those in at one time as well.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet, add veggies. Saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms begin to brown.
3. Add chicken and egg to skillet and cook until everything is hot.
4. Add rice, spices, and butter to skillet. Mix everything together until butter is melted and spices are evenly distrbuted.
5. Add tamari and stir. Continue cooking until everything is hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment